Monthly Archives: December 2011
The Trinity Shamrocks continue to show their their dominance in state advancing to the Republic Bank Holiday Classic finals to face host Lexington Catholic. The Rocks advanced by knocking off Bardstown 78-65 and Lexington Catholic advanced over Henry Clay 75-61. The two square off tonight in the finals at 7 p.m. on Lexington Catholic’s home court. Read the rest of this entry
HSreplays top 25
1. Trinity (6-2) Of the teams I have seen so far, Trinity is the most complete team.
2. Bullitt East (8-1) BEHS has more than just Derek Willis, they have a solid team.
3. Ballard (6-3) I’m thinking #3 is to high with two losses last week, but who would beat them?
4. Scott County (6-2) With their only losses to Ballard and Trinity, Scott Co. looks good this year.
5. P.R.P (8-2) I may have them ranked to low because they have yet to lose to a Kentucky school.
6. Lexington Catholic (9-1) Winner of the KFC Holiday Classic.
7. Madison Central (9-0) Slowly moving up the HSreplays top 25 rankings.
8. Knott County Central (11-0) Winner of the Ihigh Fayette County Invitational.
9. Butler (5-4) The Bears have split with BEHS and runner up at the King of the Bluegrass.
10. Marshall County (7-0) They have yet to be really tested this year.
11. Montgomery County (9-1) Lost to Knott County Central for the runner up spot at the IFCI.
12. Central (6-2) Would have Central higher but the loss to Eastern is hard to forget.
13. Perry County Central (7-3) No impressive wins but no terrible losses either for PCC.
14. Clinton County (10-0) Winner of the Twin Lakes Holiday Classic.
15. Moore (7-2) A couple of tough losses at the KOB or they would be higher ranked.
16. George Rogers Clark (9-2) GRC is a couple of tight losses away from being undefeated.
17. Southwestern (9-1) Loss to George Rogers Clark their only loss for SW.
18. Covington Catholic (8-4) The Colonels have a few losses but were in every game.
19. Oldham County (9-2) Good record but two blowout losses make you wonder.
20. Pendelton County (9-2) They won 9 straight with book end losses.
21. Boone County (8-1) Boone has played very consistant but no big wins on their schedule.
22. Glasgow (5-1) They may not have enough body of work to really rank them.
23. Hopkinsville (9-1) They keep winning games.
24. St. Xavier (7-3) With a few bounces their way, the Tigers could be higher ranked.
25. Manaual (9-2) They were in both losses to decent teams.
Christ Presbyterian downs Butler 73-60 for the King of the Bluegrass Championship