HSreplays Ky high school boys basketball top 25
HSreplays top 25 1/22/12
I’m sure I will take heat for keeping Trinity ranked #1 but all I can say is watch the video and tell me what is your take on the game. I’m not taking anything away from a fantastic Madison Central team and the effort those kids played with. I’m just suggesting that I have never seen officiating play such a key role on questionable calls at the end of a game.
- Trinity (17-3) The Rocks beat their rival St.X and decide for yourself if they lost to Madison Central but this is the way I see it.
- Madison Central (20-0)The Indians proved they are a team to watch come tournament time with their backcourt.
- Moore (17-4) The Mustangs beat Southern by 10 last week in their only game.
- Ballard (14-6) The Bruins crushed Christian Academy last week.
- Scott County (16-3) The Cardinals cruised against some good teams in the Toyota Classic.
- Bullitt East (16-2) The Chargers are hoping to get their swagger back after Derek Willis commited to UK.
- PRP (17-4) The Panthers will get a shot at Trinity the 24th in what should be a fun one if you like offense.
- Marshall County (19-1) The Marshals got a pair on wins in the Guner’s Magic Train Shootout last week at home.
- George Rogers Clark (19-2) The Cardinals beat Tates Creek last week but have some tough games coming up this week.
- Jeffersontown (16-6) The Chargers racked up a pair of wins against Fern Creek and Southwestern last week.
- Perry County Central (16-4) The Commodores have won their last 7 games by at least 12 points.
- Knott County Central (16-2) The Patriots still unbeaten in state but could be challenged this week.
- Henry Clay (15-6) The Blue Devils grab three wins last week but may have the toughest schedule the next 2 or 3 weeks.
- Lexington Catholic (15-5) The Knights got back on the winning path last week with two good wins.
- Ohio County (17-2) The Eagles have not played the toughest schedule but have a lot of wins and got two more last week.
- Holy Cross (Covington) (16-2) The Indians had some impressive wins including a victory over Newport Central Catholic.
- Bowling Green (17-4) The Purples had 3 good wins ending with a close one over Hopkinsville 72-69.
- Manual (12-6) The Crimsons had the week off and moved up the top 25.
- Hopkinsville (15-2) The Tigers split this week but lost a a tough road game to a good Bowling Green team.
- Bardstown (14-5) The Tigers were in control in both wins but may get a little challenged this week with Male and Lexington Christian.
- East Jessamine (18-4) The Jaguars winners of 7 strait make a top 25 appearance.
- Rowan County (11-6) The Vikings have 6 losses but 4 were to top 10 teams in close games and the other 2 are completely respectable as well.
- Dixie Heights (12-7) The Colonels record isn’t the greatest but their schedule has no cupcakes on it.
- Montgomery County (15-5) The Indians have lost 3 of their last 4 games and are 2-5 against the top 25 teams.
- Bishop Brossart (15-5) The Mustangs have won their last 4 games after starting 10-0 but had a tough stretch in the middle of the season.
There are a dozen teams that have a valid argument for the last couple spots but these are the teams I thought most deserving.